Friday, July 27, 2007

The Advantages of Blogging

I have got talked about this numerous times, whether it is with possible clients, clients or other practical assistants. There are so many advantages of switching over your current website to a blog. Here a few grounds why you should switch over over today.

Updates: to update a website, you necessitate an application like Macromedia Dreamweaver. To make more than advanced website changes, you will necessitate to engage a computer programmer if you don't have got those skills. With a Wordpress blog, it's as easy as going to a check called "Presentation" and updating the necessary information. When I first started using Wordpress, I thought the layout was easy and everything was right there for me. It was easy to add categories, posts, and pages. It even gives you the option of authorship your stations by a designing position or entering the codification for each post, as well as with pages.

Customization: to customize your blog it's as easy as uploading a templet in some cases. The Wordpress blog lets you to change almost the whole templet with the exclusion of keeping the same look. If you cognize HTML, there is a batch you can make with the customization process. You can add JavaScript to the sidebars and header, you can change the expression of the sidebars, and you can change the fount colors throughout the website and so much more.

Traffic: When I state people about my Wordpress blog, they sometimes inquire how traffic statistics are. Well, for an example, I've had over 3,000 people visit my other website, Virtual Assistant's Assistant, since the launch in May 18, 2007. That's two months! I couldn't believe it!

Ratings: Your evaluation in Alexa and Google are increased when you shift to a blog as well. I retrieve when I launched my business; I was on page 18 or something brainsick when I typed in "virtual assistant." That have drastically increased! Since the blog land sites are easier for the hunt engine bots to read, your websites evaluation additions that much more!

Feed Reader: By having a RSS feed, a batch more than people can access your website. They can set-up your website in their FeedDemon account, which people will have automatic updates on your blog. They can even notice on your posts!

There are so many ways that a blog website will assist you increase traffic to your website and let for easier and less clip spent updating your website.

Looking forward to sharing many successes with you!

Trina Lamarche

Efficient VA

No comments: